Saturday, November 6, 2010

Desert Grande Triathlon

Finished.
Heres a recap:
Slept yesterday at 11:30pm. Got up at 4:30am and drove to casa grande, got there at 6:00, took a 30 minute nap. Headed to the Swimming pool at 7:30 and waited a good 1 hour until I started (I lined up second to last). The swimming section was shady. I easily swam the first 100 meters but then I found it difficult to float and breathe, and my new goggles sucked, water kept coming in. I was forced to swim about 25m, stop and re-adjust them. Luckily, most of the pool was only 3 1/2 feet so I was able to walk when needed. I slowly climbed out of the pool, and I mean slowly.. sliding onto my knees and crawling for a second. I have to say that I hate water and that was the longest 15 minutes of my life. I was able to jog to the transition area and got on my bike gear. I almost tore my shirt while putting it on because of my wet sticky back, haha. I jumped on my bike and tried to "smash" the whole 10 miles. I did pretty well and was able to pass a good 50ish people during that time. and I also almost got hit by a douchebag suv.. douchebag. I wish I had a bike computer so I would have known how long I had been riding because I felt like I could have pushed a little more during the end. Anyways, the bike part was extremely fun yet I did not go anywhere near as fast as I thought (15ish mph avg). Then came the 3rd and final leg, running. As I took of my cycling shoes my left calf cramped up! I was able to start walking then jogging but about 200 meters in my both calfs(calves?) started to cramp up and I was forced to walk a bit. As soon as that went away I had a nice leisurely jog for 2 miles. Then both of my quads cramped up and gave out on me right before the water people (i know.. I forgot to eat my bananas) I walked for another minute until this guy passed me who seemed to have a good pace. I ended up following him all the way through the finish line. theres some sweet pictures of my pain ridden face. I almost collapsed at the end and while I was receiving my shirt & medal all my muscles cramped up yet again. Thats what I get for not training enough, eh. Great experience though and I'm looking to do another sprint in decemeber. bye.

Results
#964 IRV VILLACORTA Swim- 14:19 Bike- 40:04 Run- 29:52 Total: 1:24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment